Thursday 24 November 2011

"Non-unique path:found" : /app:company_home/app:user_homes 0

It was a long week for me as I was struggling to get this error resolved. To begin, I had alfresco setup with ldap authentication and synchronization working out of box for the existing users in my company. But, when a new employee joined, she could not login to alfresco with the above error.

Surfed through all the forums out there, but could not get the solution. Then finally one thing struck to my mind.

In authentication-services-context.xml the default path for userHomesHomeFolderProvider bean was /${spaces.company_home.childname}/$spaces.user_homes.childname} and when i looked at the user interface of alfresco, the folder structure for user home folder was companyHome ->Others -> User Homes. Which confused me of the fact that the "Others" folder was created automatically during first setup and I never changed the userHomesFolder path in authentication-services-context.xml. And I have no answer for the same.

So, it was sure that the path to home folder was the problem for the error. I new, I have to change the path in authentication-services-context.xml to companyHome/Others/UserHomes. But the question was how to add "Others".

Then I have to search for the syntax to denote the folder "Others" to place it in authentication-services-context.xml.

Finally  I updated the /alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/classes/alfresco/authentication-services-context.xml for userHomesHomeFolderProvider bean

<property name="path">
<value>/${spaces.company_home.childname}/cm:Others/${spaces.user_homes.childname} </value>
</property>

Restart Alfresco.

Thats it. All is Well.



No comments:

Post a Comment